Monday, December 24, 2012

Yoga, Christmas Eve, and job opportunities!

Yeah.....
I've come to terms with the fact that I will never win an award for my amazing blogging skills and I owe it all to the fact that...I'm 20, yo! 
I work full-time, go to school, am involved in church callings and activities, and every now and then I like to do stuff for fun. Ya know, like go to K-Mart and by another Yoga DVD. 

I have a weakness for anything related to Yoga. 
Yoga mats, Yoga pants (I could live in those things for so many reasons...but mainly because no one ever knows if I just got back from the gym or just rolled out of bed.), Yoga music, etc.
I have so many good memories involving Yoga. 
While attending BYU-I, my roommates and I would go like every week during the winter to the free classes on campus. 
They were so much fun! 
There is always that one person who has to show everyone else up and twist themselves into a tiny little pretzels while i'm in the back on the room tumbling over in an unsuccessful attempt to keep my balance.
 I always felt like I owed the instructor an apology for my friend's and I laughing so much at ourselves. 

While, yoga was a fun and comical experience, it is now a stress reliever for me now. Seriously, after a few minutes of stretching and yoga poses I can get rid of a terrible mood. It's incredible what taking a few minutes and listening to our bodies and allowing ourselves time to just "be" can really do for us! 

My mom told me that she read somewhere that the average person gains 7 pounds during the holidays. That is a lot of wiggle room. So, I've decided that I will enjoy my large cup of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows and Christmas cookies/candy galore! 

I am so excited for the changes coming up in my life! I became a Certified Nurses Assistant. I was really nervous about taking my skills test because our classmates were our "patients". 
I just hate faking. In real life, I love taking care of people and stuff but when i'm acting it's just super awkward and I cant help but laugh. 
BUT nevertheless, I made a 96 on my skills test!
I applied for several jobs as a CNA in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area. 
Has anyone heard of Creighton University?
Well, they have a really awesome law and medical program. 
Well, there is also a big Medical Center affiliated with the school. 
I applied for a job as a CNA in OB helping deliver babies and care for laboring mothers! 
Seriously, getting this job would be a dream come true!
To be able to get experience at Creighton would be AMAZING!!!
So, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I get the job.
I'll keep everyone posted. 


Well, I am off to build a Gingerbread house with my sister! 

 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment