Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chipotle, Cupcake Heaven and BOOKS!

Last night, mom and I decided to drive into Omaha for the evening. We originally wanted to go see a movie but then when we got there we decided to hit up Barnes and Noble instead. But first we stopped by Chipotle!!! (Yes, that sentence did need three exclamation marks.) My best friend and I LOVE Chipotle and since I miss her SO much I thought it would ease my heart ache to eat dinner there last night. My momma had never been but I do think she is a believer now! 


I usually always get a burrito bowl and Aly (best friend mentioned above) gets a chicken burrito. Well, last night I decided I would try a chicken burrito in honor of Aly! Except I drowned mine in Jalapeno sauce. SO GOOOOODDDD!!! Oh and you have to drink lemonade with it! Perfect combination. 

Do any of you watch Cupcake Wars on Foodnetwork? I LOVE that show. I secretly want to be on that show but I dont think I have the skills for it. Anyway, after dinner we needed something sweet. So, we headed over to Jones Bro's Cupcakes. Seriously, this place was HUGE and the bakery took 3/4 of the building and the catering section had a little spot in the corner! So funny! There were SO many options. I felt extremely overwhelmed. But in the end I chose, red velvet (of course) and sweet and salty, which was a chocolate cupcake with chocolate butter cream frosting and sea salt sprinkled on top! YUM!!! My mom chose Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Spice and an Elvis cupcake, which was a banana cupcake with chocolate frosting and peanut butter and a banana slice on top. I didnt get to try that one. It was gone in approximately 2.5 secs. But I am assuming it was really good! =) 



I have had an urge to find a good book lately. I usually always gravitate to the Self-Improvement section or the Fitness/Health section. I LOVE book stores! My favorite part is the area by the check out stands. They always have tons of "random" stuff. There were yummy smelling candles and lotions, book marks, book lights, etc. I may or may not have ended up spending $50 on books last night. Hint: I DID. 

I am starting a CNA program on the 26th of this month. It is required by the nursing program that I am going to. So, I am really excited to get that. It's just one step closer to where I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment