Saturday, November 10, 2012

Girls night in Omaha



   Since I started my new job at the hospital, I have had to get up at 4:30 am. Well, now my body is adjusted to getting up at the crack of dawn. So, today (Saturday) I swore I was going to sleep in late. My idea of sleeping in is not getting up until 11 am or later. Well, today I woke up at 6 am. Just like the day before which was also my day off. I was determined to sleep longer so I stayed in bed and ended up giving in at 7:30 and started my day then. My best friend and I were talking about how we are growing up. Seriously, since when do I get up at 6 am on my off day and cook breakfast and clean the house???? Who am I??? I actually love getting up before the sun! I think we are meant to rise with the sun. 
I woke Momma up and we headed out for a nice walk around the neighborhood. It was SUPER windy. So, we only walked about 2.5 miles. 

At about 11 am,  Momma and I set out for Omaha. I LOVE Omaha. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it is because there is a Whole Foods. Or maybe it is because I also get stuff when we come to Omaha. Hmmm....
First stop:
Petco. 
I am looking into moving to the Omaha area and want to get a dog to a.) keep me company and b.) protect me. So, we stopped by to see if they had any dogs. Well, no dogs but they did have a cat the size of a panther....NO THANKS! Not a cat person. 
So, on to the animal shelter we went.
And there she was....



She had been brought to the shelter 3 days before and was so calm. She is already house broken and is good around other dogs and children. I LOVE HER!!! She is beautiful! But we didn't adopt her today. Hopefully, she will be there when we go back. I would love to adopt an older dog instead of getting a puppy and having to potty train it and everything. 

We ALWAYS eat at Olive Garden when we come to Omaha.  
The past two times we have eaten there I got the Spicy Shrimp Fritta. It is SO SO SO good. Its an appetizer but I get it as my entree. Momma and I also split some sort of eggplant meal but...I just wasn't feeling the eggplant. I really didn't like the batter it had on it. 


                After we stuffed our faces with yummy salad, bread sticks and spicy shrimp, we went over to Dress Barn to find Momma some dress clothes. We were quite successful! We then moved on to Maurices, where we found some Christmas presents for my sister! (Ash, I know you're reading this! Holla!)
We ALWAYS go to Target. My mom and I are very much alike. One thing that we always agree on is that Target is like Heaven on earth. Today, is a day that will go down in history in our family. We went to Target and bought NOTHING. I repeat NOTHING. Miracles do happen. 

After leaving Target empty handed, we headed over to Orange Leaf for some frozen yogurt. 



I chose Pumpkin Pie, Snickerdoodle, and Wedding Cake yogurt flavors and fruity pebbles, cinnamon crunch, raspberries, kiwi, blueberries, caramel sauce, hot fudge, brownie bites, bits of waffle cone and gummy bears. 
(Yes, Ashley..I was able to walk out of there....)

My Momma chose Brownie Batter and something else...I cant remember what all she had on there. When it comes to Frozen Yogurt you have to stay focused when fixing your bowl. I was focused on my share! But i do remember her grabbing brownie bites which led me to do the same. She is such a good example! =)


Needless to say, she enjoyed Orange Leaf. She had never been to a place like that before! 

After. I did some damage but I couldn't finish it. Story of my life. 


After FroYo, we headed to my safe haven. My happy place. My heaven on earth. 


Whole Foods. Oh, how I love you! 

Of course, I walked straight over to the bakery...

Notice the Turkey made of chocolate....ooh, i love this place! 

Ever since I was a little girl, I would always run over to the fresh flowers at any store and beg my momma to buy me some! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh flowers. 


I was looking at the lotions and things and I hear, "Hey, Emily, Look at this!" I turn to see my Momma playing with a puppet. I cant take her anywhere. She always gets into something.She may or may not have made it blow kisses at passers by. Hint: She did. Gotta love her! 


There was a lady doing Complexion Analysis'. Of course I jumped at the opportunity and was in the chair before she explained exactly what it all entailed. My eagerness sometimes gets me into trouble. These are a few pics from my Momma's analysis. 






After that, it was time to head out. We were beyond ready to get to our hotel and relax. I love it when the housekeepers make little animals out of the towels. It takes very little to excite me! 



Sorry for the blurry picture. Im not sure why it turned out that way. 


She stuck her nails in my back to make me make a funny face and this is what happened. 



Looking over my loot from Whole Foods. A hoodie, Aloe Vera juice, fruit, and face wash. 



I am so excited to check out the singles ward here tomorrow. I plan on getting up and jumping on the treadmill for a run in the morning before heading down stairs for breakfast, which i'm really excited about! We always eat a big bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit, nuts and brown sugar!! MMMMM, it is divine! 















2 comments:

  1. You are looking so fab!!! Looks like a lot of fun. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much! Hope you are enjoying your weekend too!

      Delete