Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sharing my story

Tonight, I was able to speak at the opening social for the fitness challenge on campus. It was incredible! It was such a rush to be able not only share my story but to be able to hear from the other speaker and relate to them. Being able to have that moment where you realize that you are not alone is AMAZING!!!! I do not think of myself as a good public speaker but I was so excited when people came up to me after and thanked me for sharing my story. My speech will actually be on the internet in a few days. So, I will post a link on here and I hope you guys will watch it! =)

This is a picture of my best friend, Aly and I in January 2011. I had lost some weight then. I was about 2 months post-op. 

This is us again in March 2012. I just love her! =)

Anyway, that is all for now! 

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment