Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sundays are just GREAT days!!!

I hope you guys aren't sick of the obnoxious "picture in the mirror" shots that I ALWAYS have going on! =) I am just a poor college student with an I-phone that I've had for so long that I am very surprised it is still kickin'. But I will continue to use it until the day it dies. 
Anyway, I bought this dress last semester at Old Navy. It was on sale but they didn't have my size. I was super bummed because since I've been loosing weight so quickly I have had to get rid of a lot of my church clothing. I mean, t-shirts and such you can make those work for awhile by just pulling off the "big, comfy t-shirt" look but dress clothes you just cant.
So, I decided to buy a size too small (Medium) and just wear it when I lost a few more pounds and toned up some more. Today, I was getting ready for church and I saw that little beauty hanging in my closet and I snatched it up and tried it on and lo and behold, IT FIT!! And even better, I felt comfortable. Best feeling in the world! 

Oh, even better feeling in the world, a sweet girl (I wont say any names because I want to respect her privacy) from my fitness challenge, added me on Facebook and sent me a message that absolutely made my day! She was able to relate to me, when I spoke about my weight loss journey and even expressed to me some emotions/thoughts of her own. It is the best feeling to know that I went through this not only for myself but so I can help some one else who is going through the same thing. Because it is HARD and sometimes you just need some one that you can send a message to on Facebook at 3am when there are so many thoughts going on in your mind that you just need to get them out or someone to just give you a hug. 
That is what it is all about! I knew from the moment I met her that she was strong! We also have a class together and I noticed one day that she was snacking on something. At first, I thought it was candy and I was like "WHAT?! Candy is not on our diet!!!" hahaha but I quickly realized that she was eating carrots! 
You go, girlfriend!!!!! 
Moving along.......
Today is National Nurses Day! 
I am not yet a nurse but it has already become one of my passions! I love anything pertaining to the medical field. I will hopefully begin nursing school in January and I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!! I just dream of the day that I can rock those scrubs and use my education to care for patients of my very own. I am excited to continue to learn as I meet and work with different people. I am excited to fight for those who are sick and may not be able to fight for themselves. Sometimes, I wish I could just fast forward time and be a nurse already but now is the time for me to prepare myself for that calling. Now, is the time for me to strengthen myself because nurses need to be strong physically, mentally, and spiritually. 
I just love life. I mean, it is still so hard and there are some days that just suck but there are also days that are so good that you are reminded oh why you are here and what your purpose in life really is and THOSE are the days that matter! Those, are the days that you live for! 

One last thing...
My mother is the cutest person alive! 

She has been a great example of strength to me in my life! She has had a VERY hard life but she has made it and she continues to overcome obstacles every day! I was talking to her on the phone earlier and she said, "Emily, dont buy any books. I bought you a book." I was kind of confused at first but then she went on to say, "Its a book of inspirational messages for runners and I just knew I had to get it for my baby girl!" That seriously made my day! To know that she supports me in training for a marathon means the ENTIRE world to me! And the fact that she saw that book and thought of me makes me so happy! Love you so much,  momma! =) (She also reads my blog quite often!)


Well, I am off to a birthday party for a new friend of mine. Oh, and she is from MISSISSIPPI! =)  HOLLA! 
-Em




No comments:

Post a Comment