Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finding out what "works".

If you are anything like me, you have a different schedule everyday. Each day there is something new that I have to do or something alwayx just "pops" up. This can make it quite difficult to get your daily workouts in and proper nutrition. So, I want to share some tips that seem to work for me.

1.) Plan Ahead.
I try to prepare and pack my lunch the night before. That way, I know I have something ready for me and I know it is healthy, Instead, of running through a fast food place and eating something that my thighs WONT thank me for later. =) It is best to be prepared.  Also, when you buy veggies, fruit, or whatever, you can go ahead and divide up single portions and put them in sandwhich bags and keep them in the fridge. That way when you are packing your lunch or just looking for a healthy snack, you already have something available and ready to go.

2.)Switch Up Your Workouts And Get Creative.
I am so horrible about getting bored with my workout. So, I try to switch things up alittle. I work for my mother at her medical practice and there is a walking track just down the street and I take advantage of that as much as possible but there are several other places for me to walk like the park or at the walking track behind the local hospital, etc. So, i try to switch it up every now and then. Just to give me a new atmosphere, ya know? Something different to look at. Something different to listen to. But you could try just switching up the times that you work out. Like, maybe Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you workout in the morning and then Tuesday and Thursday you workout in the evenings. You can rest on Sunday. =) It's totally up to you . Do not compare yourself to some one else.

Oh and like I said GET CREATIVE! I work in an office where I could sit ALL day long BUT that is not good. So, when I am on the phone, looking something up on the computer, or whatever  ill stand up  instead of sitting down. Or instead of paging someone, i walk down the hall and tell them what I need to tell them. Also, I babysit alot and sometimes I ll use the baby as a weight. Lift them up and down above your face. They love it! Just make sure they havent recently eaten ....that could be messy. haha

Anyway, thanks for reading and for the love and support.

Live Life, Love Life, Love Yourself.
-Emily

3 comments:

  1. Just thought I would pop in and say hello! I found your blog on Sadie's and started following you. I think your story is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It means the world to me that you guys care enough about me to follow along in my journey! :) it's so nice to meet you two!

    ReplyDelete