Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Did something dramatic happen in your life? Boyfriend break up with you?"

So, I have been thinking lately about changing up my hairstyle but it always takes me forever to ever act on any of my "ideas". I guess you can say I am some what of a hesitant person. Sometimes.

Anyway, there is a local Paul Mitchell school here in Rexburg, Idaho (I actually almost went to school there.) and I called them up and made an appointment. If you've never been to a Paul Mitchell school, there is also a salon inside where students who have reached a certain amount of training hours can began work on real clients.

I was so stoked! Paul Mitchell has the coolest energy about it and is just a really fun place full of fun/interesting people.

Anyway, i decided to go with a sort of "edgy" look. Very different than what I walked in with but i think it fits me very well! One of the learning leaders walked over to my stylist's station and asked me "Did something dramatic happen in your life? Boyfriend break up with you?"

It kind of took me off guard but it made me think about the dramatic change that has taken place in my life. Loosing 120-130lbs is crazy!!! I really hadnt realized it until she said that. So, it was only fitting that I get a new, edgy hairstyle!

So, here is what i looked like before the transformation:
My hair was really just a mess. Thats all i can say about it. I wanted to let it grow out into "hippie hair" but i just couldnt do it. (Notice the BIG container of cheese balls. No I did not buy those. Gross.)


So, you cant really tell in the picture BUT its actually a dark red color with the blonde streak in the front! Its so rad! I love it! :)



Well, I am quickly approaches the 100's. Soon I will be able to say "SEE YA LATAH!!!" to being 200+ lbs. I am super excited! I am no where near done loosing weight but I am proud of how far I have come. And the compliments arent so bad either! ;)

Live Life. Love Life. Love Yourself.
-Emily


4 comments:

  1. EM!!! I love your blog! Sorry i havent returned your text! We have been so busy moving and getting settled back into our home. YOU LOOK AMAZING THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant even believe my eyes! You are so gorgeous and I hope you NEVER forget that! Not only do you look fabulous you look so HAPPY! you are seriously GLOWING! I love it! Good to hear your back in the old burg! We need to get together! Do you have a car? I Love love love your new hair-do also! You are one hot momma! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair, you look fantastic!!! I have had a big blonde streak in my hair often and love it!!! Your looking so good!!! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair looks HOT miss lady! You look beautiful! Such a fun change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You look amazing! Really you do! I'm a hairstylist too and whoever did that, did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete