Monday, June 6, 2011

Just keep a straight face.....

Well, today I was hanging out in the Manwaring Student Center just bloggin' away when all of a sudden a class of dancers walk by and a few of them begin to showcase some sort of performance. I honestly have no clue what they were doing. There were so many crazy motions and hand gestures. I just kept telling myself, "Just keep a straight face. Dont laugh! Even though laughing is all you know to do in awkward situations."



I confess. I did break down a few times but at least it wasnt one of those laughing fits that usually happen to me in the worst times imaginable. For example, when my sister says something hilarious during church or when some one is telling you a really important or sad story but in your mind youre thinking of something funny and you laugh out loud.

Ok. So, maybe its just me. Anyway, moving along with this post.

Today was my first day back to school since Winter Semester. I have lost a good 70-75lbs since then. I feel so much better. I am in such a better place emotionally/physically/spiritually now. As I walked through campus, I thought about how I felt before my weight loss adventure.

I would have been so out of breath after taking only 1 or 2 flights of stairs. I would have walked far out of my way to use the elevator rather than just take the stairs. I would have kept my head down and quietly made my way to an open seat.

Today was different. I opted to take the stairs in each building that I passed through. I felt so energetic and actually went for a walk in the park this afternoon. I was a little late to my class and walked in right as they were closing up the opening prayer.

Anyway, today I was thinking about how little changes make big results. That helps me to stay motivated and not get discouraged. Some of my tricks are:
1. When parking your car, do not take the closest parking space. There are plenty of paring spaces further away from the building (because everyone is trying to find the closest space so they dont have to walk so far) and walking is good for you.
2. Do not take the elevator. They are made for people with disabilities and unless you have a disability you can take the stairs.
3. Feeling tired can be a good thing. It means your body is working harder than what its used to. Youll get used to it and youll feel energized.

So, every Monday night we have Family Home Evening where a group of students get together and teach a lesson, have an activity and eat a snack (usually). But im pretty sure im not going tonight. I have so much math homework (already!) but ive already made an A on a test. HOLLA!

Now, off to write a paper about my relationship with math.

Live Life. Love Life. Love Yourself.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment