Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is the perfect time to heal!


I havent posted in awhile and so, I have a lot of explaining to do...but here's the thing...Im not 100% ready to talk about it all and I may never want to talk about it all because it just hurts too bad. But, I will tell you as much as I am comfortable with at the time being. I was in Provo. I got a pretty good job for a company called Vivint. I met a guy and I took a chance.  I got my heart broken. BAD. I needed to get away from him and everything that reminded me of him on a daily basis before I lost my mind. So, I called my mom and asked if I could come home for a little bit while I try to move on and of course she welcomed me with open arms. But thats all you get for now......

Moving along..............

I am taking this hard time as a way for me to improve my running. Yes. I havent ran in awhile.....not gonna lie. I had been feeling extremely exhausted ALL the time and I went to the doctor for some regular lab work and they discovered that I was severely low in iron. I have iron deficency anemia. I am getting iron infusions via I.V. once a week but I really havent noticed a change in the way I feel. Im seeing a new doctor here in Iowa and im hoping that he will give me a higher dose of iron at one time and maybe that will make a difference? Who knows?!

Anyway, I fell off the bandwagon...but you can ALWAYS get back to running... (I just cringed a little because that is exactly what the guy that broke my heart said to me....hes a runner too...)  I want to enjoy it though. I dont want to focus solely on reaching goals as much as giving myself a time to just think and enjoy all of the blessings that I have in my life.

Speaking of blessings......
I have realized that the greatest blessings in life are the people that God allows us to meet and form bonds with. I reached a very low and dark place while in Provo and my friends were always there for me when I needed them and were even praying and fasting for me and I never even knew it. They are my angels and I have new angels walking into my life everyday. It is incredible! The love I have been shown by my friends and family leaves me speechless.

While I am still hurting and I am still sad, I am going to push myself because I want to come out stronger in the end. So, instead of laying in bed all day and eating my weight in twizzlers (the truth hurts....), I am going to get my butt out of the house run and find reasons every day to push further and fight harder.

Well, I am going for a car ride with my mom... we are both super bored and cant think of anything else to do. So, we are gonna go enjoy the beautiful fall weather and breathe in the nice, crisp air.

Love,
    Emily

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I am so sorry you're feeling such heart ache. Life just sucks sometime but it always makes us stronger. I had a hard year! Took a chance and got my hear broken too so I am feeling your pain - different but I can sympathize.

    You're amazing and strong!

    ReplyDelete