Saturday, October 6, 2012

Update, YO!

I was going to make video today but I just dont feel like putting make up on and lets face it, y'all do not want to see me without a little makeup! =)

So, yesterday I had been trying to talk myself out of running ALL day long. I would say things like, "Ugh...my head hurts I dont wanna run today..." or "I should probably take today off since  I ran yesterday..." Well, 8pm rolled around and I was like "NO!!! Get off of your lazy butt and RUN!" So, I threw on my yoga pants, long sleeved tshirt, coat and some fuzzy socks to keep me warm. I headed out the door and as I was crossing the street I started hearing dogs barking and I thought, "Oh, great....thats exactly what I need...to be chased by a strange dog in the middle of the night....awesome." Luckily, they were all bark and no bite!

As I was running back, a lady who was walking her little pup asked me, "Are you running? Are you afraid?" HAHA....I dont think people get out and exercise around here. Every now and then I'll see some one out walking but not often. There is a program called Body Boot Camp that a friend of mine goes to. She invited me to come and try it out and see if I want to join. I think ill go try it out next week.

Today, after my run I went for a drive. I just wanted to get out of the house. My favorite thing to do is either go on random walks or drives. I love it! Anyway, I went for a drive all alone and found the PERFECT road to run on. It goes on and on and on forever and its not a residential area so there are no sidewalks but its all farmland. And I didnt pass many cars at all. Maybe like one or two. Im really excited about it!

Oh, some good news! Since, ive been in Iowa I have lost 3lbs!!! So, in 9 days I dropped 3 lbs. If I keep this up I will be at my goal weight by January! YAY! I am excited to be a student again for several reasons. A few being as a student you have access to a pretty sweet gym for almost free. I say almost because you do have to purchase school approved work out clothes but its really not that much and its a one time thing. Also, there are so many opportunities to be healthier. There is the Biggest Winner program where you are guided by trainers and nutritionist as you try to loose weight and there are so many different exercise classes to go to and they are completely free as well! Its really awesome!

Oh, one more thing! I got a job! Yep. I am gonna be working as a Phlebotomist at the local hospital here in Iowa until I go back to school in January. They are gonna pay me $11 an hour and it will be a full time position. The only down side is my shift will start at 6am and the hospital is 30 minutes away...So, i will have to leave at about 5:15am in order to get there on time. But, thats ok I guess! Money is money! I get off work at 4:30, so I would be home at about 5:00pm and I would still have enough time to run before it got too dark outside. Perfect!

Well, thats all for now! Gonna go curl up on the couch with the pup and a fuzzy blanket and watch a movie!

-Em

-Emily

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job and the 3 lbs. :) You're doing good and it sounds like you're planning things out to win. Yay!

    ReplyDelete