Thursday, October 4, 2012

EXCITEMENT and addictions....

OH. MY. GOOOOOOSSSSHHH!!! I cant say too much just yet BUT I am really exciting because I was contacted by a lady from another fitness blog and she offered me the chance to be featured on her blog! YAYAYAYAYAA!!!!

I will let everyone know more when I know more but I am so excited because this is exactly what I need to be able to reach more people! Today is a great day!

Also, I had a doctor's appointment today and I spoke with him a little bit about my fitness routine. I told him that I am running 3-4 times a day and im not exactly sure why I said that because I have been running everyday....oh well! But we talked about switching up workouts and I mentioned that I really want to get into yoga. Ive been to a few classes and while im at school there are free fitness classes on campus which include yoga classes! I would go with my friends and room mates alot! I LOVE yoga! At first, I would just act silly and laugh with my friends at how ridiculous we looked but if you take it seriously you really will get a great workout! It is great for core strengthening and toning. My doctor today actually recommended that I do more yoga because it can benefit my running. So, while I am in Iowa and cannot make it to any yoga classes,I am gonna try to do like online videos. Does anyone know of any good online yoga videos?

Today, while talking to my doctor I realized how important it is that we are proactive with our health care and find a doctor that will be more of a team mate than a drill sargent! I dont take very well to people who tell me what to do or hound me about something. My doctor today was really nice and talked to me about all kinds of health topics. But he also took my personal situation into account and helped me make decisions that were best for ME. I loved that!

I love when I am reminded of how awesome my mom really is. When I walked into the clinic for my appointment, the receptionist said, "Oh, I just love your mom. I worked at her clinic for a little bit and I was so impressed with her!" My mom is super funny, friendly and just "spunky". We are ALOT alike. I think that is why we argue so much! =)

Anyway, today I am gonna go tan a 6:00pm and then I think ill go for an evening run. I love running when the sun is going down. I love watching the sunset. There is something magical about watching the sun rise and set. Love it!

I went grocery shopping today. I just wanted to pick up a few things. Like, avocados, peaches, asparagus, and ya know...bread. Lets talk about that yummy addiction of mine for a minute....I LOVE BREAD! Homemade, buttery, delicious, warm bread. OH...MY....GOSH!! I dont know for sure but im pretty sure its better than cocaine. Ok, im starting to sound crazy...but for real you cannot have french bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and not love your life! Come on!

I dont have any pictures right now but ill post again later and have some. Im gonna get better at that, I promise! I know i hate reading blog posts that dont include pictures! So, Ill work on that.

Later!

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment